Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I'm excited to welcome Fellow Astraea Press author Catherine Bennett as my guest.

My Story…As a Writer


Title: “Devon’s Choice”

Author: Catherine Bennett

Back Cover Blurb:

Faith, love and a cup of coffee, can change everything.

Life holds no surprises for Devon Murphy. Her life consists of keeping tabs on her aging Irish father, working part time at a coffee shop, and building her online graphics design business. Devon’s only tricky situation is a shallow relationship with the pampered and affluent Michael Turner, who sees her as just another woman to conquer. 

Following his father’s death, Brandon’s only goal is to expand the family business and live life on his own terms. That is, until he walks into the coffee shop one snowy evening and meets the enchanting, red-haired barista behind the counter. But can Devon and Brandon’s attraction for each other be strong enough to help erase their deepest disappointments and renew their faith in God?

Author Bio:
I grew up in Ohio where I currently live with my husband and our two rescue Labradors. Some of my favorite things include reading, shopping, pepperoni pizza, Hershey bars and hanging out with my two grown sons. I also love dogs; so going to the dog park is cheap entertainment for my husband and I!

Growing up an only child, I had many imaginary friends. I believe this - and a love of books - fueled my desire to write. It was many years later that my dream of becoming a published author came true.

My Romantic Suspense, “The Trouble With Charlie” is published by Astraea Press and available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords. Visit my website for buy links and excerpts.

Social Media Links:


Book Trailer on You Tube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPBc1jGurlQ

Buy Links:
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1xkWZaw

My Inspiration for “Devon’s Choice”:

The beginning of the book came to me while I was walking my black Labrador, Riley. It was winter and, while Riley was plowing through the deep snowdrifts, I began to think about the suburb in Columbus, Ohio where I grew up. My old house, the streets where I rode my bike, and walked home from school evolved into the backdrop for Devon and Brandon's love story.

How I Became A Writer:

When I was young, I spent a lot of time in my local library. I enjoyed books and was always writing poems and short stories about make-believe places. When I got older, I knew I wanted to be a published author.

After I finished my first book, The Trouble With Charlie, finding publishers was easy (there are so many out there), but getting the manuscript accepted was more difficult than I imagined. I had no connections to anyone in the industry; I was like a tiny minnow swimming upstream. Crafting a query letter that didn’t end up in a publisher’s slush pile was my first challenge. After that, I queried many publishers, only to receive rejections. Finally, an author told me about Astraea Press and it was a perfect fit for my clean romance.

Now, with the release of Devon’s Choice (also published by Astraea), I feel doubly fortunate that I didn’t give up on my dream.




No comments:

Post a Comment